Life hack literally refers to any shortcut trick or skill to manage one’s time and daily activities in a more efficient way. These tricks are mostly the ‘thinking out-of-the-box’ ideas which in may ways save our day.
Here are 20 awesome life hacks that will make your life easier for sure-
1. To remove the stem of a strawberry, use a straw. In one of those times when you don’t have proper tools and are in a mood to make a smoothie, just use a plastic straw. Insert the straw from the bottom and pierce it upwards, removing the stem of the strawberry.
2. Going out somewhere and keeping ice in the basket with water bottles is hectic. As, once the ice starts to melt, it is water everywhere. Instead of ice, put a frozen saturated sponge in a plastic bag and take it with you. The water won’t spill even if it is melted.
3. How to get an ice-cold water bottle when you are travelling? It’s not hard. Fill the bottle half with the water and put it in the freezer horizontally. Placing it horizontally will allow you to fill the bottle even after it is frozen.
4. Want to serve a chilled beverage in less time? Wrap the bottle with a damp tissue or cloth and put it in the freezer. In about 10-15 minutes, the beverage will be chilled as ice.
5. How many times has that happened when you are hammering a nail and knocked your finger? Can’t count? Well here’s a solution. Use clothespin to hold the nail whilst hammering.
6. Must have happened a lot of times when you reheat a leftover pizza and the crust gets chewy. We’ve got a solution. Put a small amount of water in a glass and heat it with the pizza. The crust will heat perfectly without getting chewy.
7. To make a perfect ice coffee, put coffee in ice tray and use them instead of water ice cubes. This will prevent your coffee to get watered down.
8. How do you light candles whose wicks are hard to reach without burning your hand? There’s a simple solution. Light a spaghetti stick and use it to light the wick of the candle.
9. If you are at a bar and you haven’t finished your drink but you really want to use the restroom, place a coaster on top of the drink. This is a universal bar sign which indicates that you are coming back and hence your expensive cocktail will not disappear when you come back.
10. Put the pancake mix in a normal ketchup bottle to avoid the mess and get beautiful designs and perfect circles of your pancakes.
11. Taking away pizza rather than getting it delivered? Turn on your seat warmer in the car and it will keep the pizza warm while driving home.
12. Make your canvas shoes waterproof by using bees wax and blow dryer. Just spread the bees wax all over the shoes and use the blow dryer to melt the wax. Let it melt until you no longer see the wax. And there you have, your waterproof canvas shoes.
13. If you have smelly shoes, use dry tea bags and put them in your shoes. They will absorb all the odour. The silicon bags fulfil the same purpose. So, from next time don’t throw away those bags.
14. Do your new shoes feel tight? There is an easy way to stretch them. Stuff the shoes with wet newspapers and tight as you can and let the shoes dry. After the shoes dry, remove the newspaper.
15. Are you camping and can’t fire woods because they have moisture? Use processed snacks like chips or wafers as they contain things like oil, fats, starch, etc which will help you to start the fire.
16. Coca-Cola is not just a great tasting beverage, it can also help you clean the toilet bowls. Pour a bottle full of Cola-Cola in the toilet bowl and leave it overnight. Wash it with soap water the next morning and flush clean.
17. Clean the built- up residue in the shower head by tying a bag of vinegar around the shower head and leave it overnight. It will clean everything with no work.
18. To unclog drains, run hot water down the drain for a minute then sprinkle 1 cup of baking soda slowly and then pour one cup of vinegar down the drain. Flush it one more time with boiling hot water.
19. If you don’t have a deodorant with you or have forgot to put it, use a citrus fruit like lemon or orange, cut it into 2 halves and rub it on your body. Your body odour will disappear.
20. If you have forgot to carry a toothbrush with you or have ran out of toothpaste, chew an apple. It will help you with the bad breath. But don’t forget to brush!
So here are some of the most amazing life hacks that can help you in your daily life to a lot extent and can make it much simpler.
- Hole Punch History & Google Doodle Connection
- Top Richest Men in World & Their Net Worth
- Soulja Boy Net Worth and Lesser Known Interesting Facts
- Dave Chappelle’s Wife Net Worth