Elon Musk is a man who needs no introduction. Elon Musk net worth put him in Forbes top 40 richest person in the world. He is one of the most amazing people of our generation. He is far-sighted, futuristic and a barrier free thinker. He is the mind behind several hugely successful companies such as Tesla, SpaceX, and solar city. Here are some interesting lesser-known facts about him.
1. Multinational Citizenship – His full name is Elon Reeve Musk and was born in South Africa on 28th June 1971. Currently, he has the citizenship of three countries namely South Africa, Canada and United States.
2. Real Life Iron-Man – Robert Downey Jr’s tony stark character was heavily influenced by Elon Musk. He also had a cameo in the second installment of iron man movie. In fact, he is widely known as the real-life iron man.
3. Video Game maker – Musk created his own video game called blaster when he was just 12 years old. He created it with the help of commodore VIC – 20. You can play its web version online for free. Later he sold it for five hundred dollars.
4. Bookworm – He is a book worm. It is even said that he finished the encyclopedia Britannica by the age of just nine. Some of his favorite books include the fantasy classic The Lord of the rings series and biographies of some famous innovators like Albert Einstein and Benjamin Franklin. In an interview when musk was asked what raised him he replied books and then parents.
5. School Trivia – In the school, Elon Musk was bullied nearly every day. He has a bad school phase with loads of dark hours.
6. Fear of Darkness – Musk cured his own fear of the dark by learning physics. He convinced himself that darkness is just the absence of photons and it is foolishness to be feared by the lack of photons.
7. College Dropout – After the completion of two degrees both in physics and economics he applied for the Ph.D. course in 1995 but just after 2 days he got bored and quitted the college to follow his entrepreneurial vision and started a business called zip 2 with his brother. Later he sold it for 22 million dollars.
8. Bond Fan – Musk owns the Lotus the car used in The Spy Who Loved Me a 1977 bond movie. He bought it for roughly 1 million dollars and tried to convert it into a submarine as in movie but to his disappointment, the car could not be converted in a submarine.
9. Quirky – In 1999 at the age of 28 he bought a McLaren F1 for 1 million but did not insure it and then crashed it. He also made fun of himself at that time. Since maybe getting insurance for McLaren was difficult therefore he did not take the trouble.
10. Ousted- He was a member and co-founder of the pay-pal mafia. But he was expelled from the CEO position in 2000. The cause of ousted was leadership disagreements.
11. The Big Risk- There was a time when Elon put everything he had on the table and success was the only option for survival. After the sale of pay-pal he had a total of 180 million dollars. He invested 10 million in the solar city, 70 million in Tesla and 100 million in SpaceX. During that time he had to borrow money from friends to pay rent.
12. Fear- Musk thinks that AI is the most dangerous threat to the survival of the human race.
13. Marriage – He married a British actress named Talulah Riley divorced her and then remarried and then again divorced her.
14. Free Internet – He wants to provide free internet for the whole world. For this purpose he wants to put 4425 satellite in the orbit of the earth.
15. Love For Anime – In a twitter post Musk revealed that he loves anime. He also revealed that he is a fan of Studio Ghibli movies such as Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke.
16. Favorite food- He loves French food and his favorite beverage is whiskey.
17. Energy Problem- He is building a Giga factory which on completion is supposed to create more batteries in one year than the whole world ever created.
18. Video Gamer- Despite having a busy schedule musk still makes time for playing video games. Some of his favorites include – Overwatch, Bio Shock, the mass effect series and the civilization series.
19. The Big Mission– Musk wants to colonize Mars so that human race can have a better shot at survival. He wants to heat up the mars to make it suitable for the human race by dropping Nuclear Bombs on mars.
Elon Musk has a net worth of $180 billion and is listed by Forbes as the top richest person in the world. (Updated 2021)
- Dave Chappelle’s Wife Elaine Chappelle’s Net Worth
- Top Richest Actors In The World
- Top Richest Hollywood Actresses
- Top Highest Grossing Bollywood Movies
- Soulja Boy Net Worth Updated
- Taylor Swift Net Worth and Unseen Photos
- People Who Changed The World