It has been seen that people are taking a very interest in behind the scenes footage. The new audience is eager to know how directors ready their actors to do a certain scene or any behind the scene story related to making or casting or something remotely related to filmmaking.
Here, take a look at some interesting stories from the sets that redefine your knowledge of how films are made in the Bollywood industry. This list includes the fun segment, pranks, and creative ideas used by filmmakers, or something goofy that worth knowing.
1. Alia Bhatt also assisted Sanjay Leela Bhansali and auditioned for the character in the movie Black when she was only 11 years old. She also danced to the song ‘Dola Re Dola’ in the movie Devdas. Sanjay Leela Bhansali had thought to collab with Alia but it hadn’t happened. However, Sanjay Leela Bhansali is coming up with the biopic Gangubai Kathiawadi in which Alia is playing the title character.
2. We all agree to the point that October is one of the best movies in Varun Dhawan’s filmography. Little you know that Varun was not happy about the climax of the movie as he was narrated the story with a different ending. When he found out about the new climax which he loved, he cried during the shoot.
3. Priyanka Chopra revealed that she never went theatre to see her films. The actress sees her footage during test shots and the director’s cut. She even switched to a different channel if her movies are broadcasting on the TV channel.
4. A. R. Rahman has recorded many songs that fit the iconic situation in the movie Tamasha where Deepika confronts Ranbir. For the record, ‘Agar Tum Saath Ho’ was the 4th song he composed. Well, the catch is crew shot the scene with a different song that the actors loved. Later, Deepika said the song she shot was better than ‘Agar Tum Saath Ho’.
5. Imtiaz Ali offered his ambitious project Rockstar before Deepika made her grand debut opposite Shah Rukh Khan in Om Shanti Om. The thing didn’t materialize then. Later, the director offered her the movie Love Aaj Kal. The duo has given many hit movies together. For the record, Love Aaj Kal was also offered her before Om Shanti Om was released.
6. The king of romance has a different take on why Bollywood should make more romantic movies. The actor believes that love stories empower woman’s emotions to love. He also said that the characters like Raj and Rahul worked in the love stories because they empower women’s emotions and not because of charm.
7. It has been in the record that Shah Rukh Khan never signed any biopic project yet. He was rumored to be signing Indian Astronaut Rakesh Sharma’s biopic but he cleared the air that he is not doing the movie. He explained the reason stating that the life of the real person is certainly not what the director wants to show to the world.
8. Ranbir Kapoor often shows his conflict with the directors on the point of how the movie should be made. For instance, he completely disagrees with the movie Roy stating that he didn’t like the final product. The actor also said his film ‘Rockstar’ is complete while the director Imtiaz Ali said that can be more about Jordan’s life than could have done in the movie.
9. Ayushmann Khurrana often goes out for a walk believing that an actor must be connected to the real world so that he knows how the other half of the population is living. He confessed to going out to have tea time at a Tapri and talks to the tea seller. Most of the actor’s work on the social problems faced by middle-class people.
10. Priyanka Chopra is an actress who shows 100 percent work commitment but gets irritated when things don’t go well planned. Sources revealed that Priyanka Chopra was furious with the director when Sanjay Leela Bhansali didn’t start the shoot till 9 pm on the very first day Priyanka shot with the director. Ranveer Singh also confirmed that Priyanka was furious for a couple of days because of the delay.
11. Kajol is famous for her charm and witty replies. The actress came up with a quick response when paparazzi asked her why she hadn’t done many movies in her long acting career. Kajol said she has been lazy and didn’t want to spend her whole life in front of a camera pretending to be someone else.