When you buy a comprehensive car insurance plan, it provides you with financial coverage against various types of damages caused to your vehicle. However, a comprehensive insurance plan does not cover every part of your car, nor does it provide coverage against the loss of value of the car due to depreciation. If you are looking for a plan that covers these particular conditions, you can look into buying the bumper-to-bumper add-on cover. Bumper-to-bumper covers the following:
- Bumper-to-bumper is a type of car insurance add-on cover that allows you to get coverage for almost all parts of your car, including the metal, fibre, and rubber components of the car.
- Moreover, this add-on cover also covers the loss of value due to depreciation, meaning you can get the full market value of the damaged car parts in an insurance claim instead of the depreciated value.
In insurance terminology, a bumper-to-bumper add-on cover is also called the ‘zero depreciation car insurance cover’. Let’s take a closer look at the bumper-to-bumper add-on cover.
Benefits of Bumper-to-Bumper Car Insurance Cover
While your regular car insurance plan will cover the cost of most of the repairs, buying a zero depreciation car insurance add-on allows you to get the maximum financial return in case of damage to the car. This will ensure that you won’t even have to spend money on components like rubber, fibre, etc, which are not covered under regular insurance.
This type of insurance is especially essential for those who have purchased a brand new car or a luxury, as it will allow them to tackle the car depreciation rate. Finally, you can rest assured that you will be financially covered for all car parts in the event of an accident.
Steps to Buy Bumper-to-Bumper Car Insurance
Since bumper-to-bumper is an add-on cover, you need to buy it along with your comprehensive car insurance plan. Here are the simple steps you can follow to purchase bumper-to-bumper car insurance online:
Step 1: Visit the official website of your preferred insurance provider.
Step 2: Navigate to their car insurance page.
Step 3: Enter your personal information and car registration details on the form available on the car insurance page.
Step 3: Browse through all the available car insurance plans and choose one that suits your requirements.
Step 4: When you get the option to select add-on covers, choose the ‘Bumper-to-Bumper’ cover along with your comprehensive car insurance plan.
Step 5: Finish buying the plan by uploading the necessary documents and paying the online premiums.
Once all of the above steps are successfully completed, your comprehensive car insurance with the bumper-to-bumper add-on will be activated. The car insurance policy details will be sent to your registered email.
What’s Not Covered Under Bumper-to-Bumper Car Insurance Cover
There are also some exclusions under the bumper-to-bumper insurance that you should be aware of:
- If your vehicle has been reported to the authorities for illegal activities, no coverage will be provided.
- If the accident happens due to driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol, coverage will not be provided.
- Certain types of damage to the engine, car batteries, glass, etc. will not be covered under this add-on.
- No coverage will be provided if the policy has expired.
- Damage due to mechanical or electrical breakdown will not be covered.
Bumper-to-bumper or zero depreciation is one of the most useful add-on covers that you can get for your precious car. As mentioned above, you should especially consider getting this add-on if you have purchased brand-new or the fastest cars in the market. However, you should make sure to read the car insurance policy document before buying to understand all the inclusions and exclusions as well as the terms and conditions of this add-on cover.