When we think about baby showers, we usually envision a gathering of a dozen or so close relatives and friends gathered in one location at the same time. After all, a baby shower is memorable not only for the soon-to-be mother but also for everyone who is waiting for good news.
But what if your friends and family are spread out across the country?
What if a baby or mother’s health might be too fragile to be around other people?
What if throwing a regular baby shower is out of the budget?
What if your in-person baby shower had to be canceled due to Covid-19?
It’s time for the virtual baby shower to begin. Yes, you read that correctly. A virtual party! It’s all accessed digitally, no matter how far away you are.
Virtual baby showers have been around since at least the year 2000, but if you’ve never heard of them, because of limited internet access in Indian households.
In 2000, virtual baby showers were quite an extravagant kind of something which many middle-class households couldn’t afford or just simply didn’t understand. But in 2021, times have changed and more people easily access the internet in India because of its easy availability at cheaper rates.
We’ll talk about how to organize a virtual baby shower with friends and family in this blog article. Let’s start:
1. A medium
While a virtual baby shower without video is conceivable, we believe that a live stream of the celebration is far more enjoyable for everyone. There are many possibilities, but we recommend Zoom, Skype, Facetime, Facebook Messenger, or Google Hangouts as free video services.
You may also go live on Twitter and Instagram. A live video may be broadcast as long as you and your visitors have an internet connection and a phone, or computer with a webcam.
You can also ask for the support of a close friend or family member to host the party. However, since the party is purely virtual, you may still coordinate by text, email, or social media even if your selected co-host lives far away.
2. An extraordinary theme
Themes have always been quite popular and one of the most attractive components of arranging baby showers. They’re entertaining, appealing to the eye, and they help tie everything together (think invitations, décor, food, and everything else).
Don’t compromise with decorations.
Decorations are an important aspect of every celebration, whether it is held online or offline. So, prepare the party area for the Zoom/Google meet call with decorations identical to the party’s theme and arrange the gifts which will be delivered to the mother in time for a gift-opening mini-event.
3. Invitations and thank you cards can’t be left out
Invitations and thank you cards play an important role in maintaining the personal bond between the invitee and guests. So, make a lovely baby shower invitation. If it’s a gender reveal party, you can use minor clues in the invitation to hint at the baby’s gender.
The availability of the finest websites and tools such as PosterMyWall helps you arrange online baby shower invitations that no one will lose out on due to distance. PosterMyWall is a one-of-a-kind graphic design tool that lets you create materials such as posters, flyers, menus, videos, and more for your online party requirements. More personal themes, such as family collages and greeting cards, are also available through PosterMyWall.
All of this is accomplished through the templates gallery, which contains a large number of customizable templates, with new templates being uploaded regularly. An easy-to-use drag-and-drop editor may be used to alter templates.
With the help of these kinds of tools, you can also compile a video of motherly bits of advice for soon-to-be mothers as an affectionate gesture.
4. Virtual baby shower games are fun
Even if you’re not all in the same room, you can still play games and compete for rewards. Many of the most popular baby shower games may still be played online. For your convenience, we’ve compiled a list of some popular baby shower games:
- The Price Is Right – It holds a series of four to five baby things up to the camera (bottle, bodysuit, a package of diapers, a container of formula, etc.) and asks everyone to write down their best guess for the total price of all the goods combined together. After that, have everyone attending reveal their estimates to the camera. The one who guesses the total cost of the products the closest, wins!
- Sketchful.io – Whether you’re an artist or not, online Pictionary-style activities like this one are a lot of fun. Create an identity and a private room, then give around invites (copy and paste the URL into whichever chat platform you’re using or text it) and start sketching!
- JackBox Games – JackBox has a slew of entertaining multiplayer games that you can play on your computer, gaming console, or smartphone. You don’t even have to be a gamer to appreciate them. Guests can join in as audience members to watch others play and even vote on things, albeit each game has a restriction on how many people can participate at once.
The fact is that we all want to hold a party physically, but owing to personal obligations and unforeseen circumstances, we must sometimes limit our wishes. Even if things don’t go exactly as planned during a virtual shower, your guests are likely to be kind. Make an effort to extend the same courtesy to yourself. Laugh at your foibles, take it in stride, and keep in mind that this isn’t a party about you.
It’s a joyous occasion to welcome a lovely new life into the world!